Waddesdon, UK. 2018 - ongoing
The Norman Foster Foundation is collaborating with the Rothschild Foundation to upgrade and expand the original Waddesdon Stables, part of the Waddesdon Manor Estate.
Originally built in 1884 by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild and designed by French architect Gabriel-Hippolyte Destailleur, the Stables are a central component of the Estate, housing a flexible exhibition space, a restaurant and cafe. The new Norman Foster Foundation addition will be an innovative structure that will help to expand the Stables’ cultural activities whilst creating a contemporary landmark for the Waddesdon Estate that respects and enhances its historical setting.